7.24.2010

Robbed.....

Well, yesterday was officially one of the crappiest days I have had in very long time.  We went to our Little Gym class yesterday at 10:00.  Since this is a mommy and me class for Bentley, I do not bring my purse in.  I put it between the two captains seats in the back.  As we were leaving (around 10:50), I noticed there was tons of glass on the ground.  Then I looked up to find that Bentley's window (driver side) was shattered and my purse was gone.  They also tried to jimmy the front door handle as well.  We went back inside and I immediately started to call Casey and finally reached him.  I was so shaken up, I didn't know what to do next.  He called BofA and USAA to put a hold on our accounts.  I hung up and called the police.  They came out and got a report and surveyed the damage.  One of the employees there said she saw a suspicious man lurking around, but I am sure he is long gone by now.  He got a beautiful new Vera Bradley purse (my mothers day gift), a Coach wallet (full of pictures of the kids, gift cards, reward cards, my checkbook, etc), a BRAND NEW iphone (a month old), and some make up.  By the time Casey had called, the jackass had filled up his car at the Shell station and tried to use the debit portion of the card at Walmart, but was rejected for not knowing the pin (really smart theif).  He finally figured out how to use the credit portion and got away with a $15.34 purchase.  The damages to the car alone have come in at roughly $1200.  The iphone will cost $500 to replace.  But part of the hardest part is feeling so violated and angry over the whole thing.  I am sure it will get better, but I am still pretty pissed off.  I am thankful that we were not hurt and that he didn't steal the whole car or something, but he has left me with some pretty hefty bills to pay and lots to do.  Please be careful out there and watch your belongings very closely!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Carrie. So sorry to hear that. I have gotten my car broken into but not my purse stolen, but I know that is a HUGE pain. I can't put on here what I want to say about the guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Carrie I'm so sorry to hear all that. Same thing happened with me few months back and i was so mad but when i heard about these people http://bit.ly/9AmT7f it worked out and i got my stuff back.i was so happy!

    ReplyDelete