7.15.2010

Bentley's 2 Year Appt

We went to Bentley's 2 year checkup today and to say the least, it was interesting.  First, they wanted to weigh her and she REFUSED to stand on the scale.  This means she also REFUSED to let them get her height.  She had to be weighed in the baby scale and this was against her will.  I had to take her in the room, calm her down and then just be and Bentley went and I attempted to get her height.  After several trys and a couple of fits, I finally got it.  We then go into the room and try our hardest to talk to the nurse over Bentley and Riley bickering over who gets what stool.  Then, once Dr. P came in, the fun really began.  Let me just say that my blood sugar was low trying to wrestle her and hold her down so she could be examined.  Needless to say, when the needles came, I made Daddy hold her down.  Both he and the nurse agreed she is very strong and very strong willed.  She is not a good patient at all.  Which brings me to my next point.....

We have had some concern over the amount of fluid Bentley consumes and how much she urinates.  These concerns prompted me to test her blood sugar with my monitor.  I got a normal reading the first time, but on the high side of normal.  I waited the next morning and checked it fasting and I got 140 - that is high for fasting.  We made an appointment with the pedi and got in right away.  He did a fasting blood test and a hemoglobin A1C (average blood sugar reading over the past 90 days).  I checked her sugar before we went to the Dr. and it was 85, which is great.  We didn't get the blood work done until around 10:45 and it came back at 77 which makes sense.  It took a few days to get her A1C, but it came back at a 5.4 and the high end of "normal" is a 5.6, so it was within the normal range, but on the high end of normal.  I have also been periodically checking her sugar and recording it along with what she eats etc, and unfortunately, she has consisitentley had high spikes.  Dr. P referred us to a pedi endocrinologist and we have an appointment 7/27 at 8:30.  After meeting with him today and sitting down and talking face to face about the blood work and the readings that I have been getting, I am a little discouraged.  He agrees that things do not seem right with all of that. 

Please pray for Bentley and for us as we go down a road that I really am not wanting to go down.  I know God can do miracles, but I am having a hard time with faith right now since I have this disease and it has been engrained in my head that these readings can only mean one thing.  I am going to believe that she will be delivered from this and I would appreciate it if you all would join me.

By the way, other than that, she is in great shape.  She is 27 lbs 8 oz, 60th percentile, 34 inches. 60th percentile, and her head is 48.5 cm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment