9.01.2009

First Day of School!!!

Today was the big day!! Riley returned to preschool for 3 days a week and Bentley had her first day. It was fun getting everyone ready this morning. Riley was so pumped about his backpack and lunch kit and wearing tennis shoes (once again, shoe fetish). He got all dressed and was excited. Bentley on the other hand starting sensing around 8:45 that something was going on. She was clinging to me and fussing. She usually takes a nap still in the morning, so she was tired too.
She is patty-caking here so she wouldn't cry. She is such a big girl. She is a lady bug this year at school. Here is her name tag, backpack and nap mat.
Here is Bentley's teacher Ms. Ebelinda taking her to record her attendance. They put a stick with their picture on it in the corresponding pocket to represent them being here that day. Also a deterrent for mom to escape hardly noticed.

Riley was ready and raring to go this morning. He was all smiles. He did ask my why he couldn't be in Ms. Sharry and Ms. Alba's class (last years teachers) and I had to explain to him that he has graduated to another class and he told me he loved and missed Ms. Sharry & Ms. Alba.

This picture of me is horrible....I am trying to get the teacher to hurry and take the picture, but I am never in pics with them. This is Riley in his classroom. The other picture did not come out good, but it is of his name, backpack, and nap mat.



They both did GREAT. Riley told me he met new friends and cannot wait to go back tomorrow. The teacher told me that he is a great listener and follows directions very well (why not at home)? Bentley did great too. She actually slept on her nap mat and ate all of her food. They said she fussed for a bit but was good. She kept taking her sandals off (no shoe fetish unlike her brother). I am glad they are happy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment