8.22.2011

First Day of Kindergarden

Well, today was the day that has been heavy on my heart for a couple of weeks.  I knew it was going to be hard, and it was.  First, we had his kindergarden picnic on last Thursday evening.  It was a nice thought, but it was soooo hot.  Riley did meet a friend or two, but we mainly just lost our body weight in fluid.  Then Friday morning, we met his teacher, Mrs. Melker.  She was very nice and I had a peace about her after having met her.  Her room was really decorated cute and was well organized (you know that is important to me and Casey's anal selves).  Riley was a natural.  He found his desk and just loved being in that atmosphere.  He was so excited.  I did good at this event.....choked up a couple of times, but didn't lose it. (Of course, I was chasing Bentley around and keeping her from knocking stuff over or getting on the classroom computer and this helped take my mind off things.) 

Then this morning came.....I felt sad the whole time I was getting ready.  It is really hard to be excited and act like you are sooo happy when really you are just sad.  I didn't even put on eye makeup because I could feel the water works getting ready to come.  Riley was dressed and ready to take on the world, or at least kindergarden for today.  The whole family went out to the bus stop to see himoff.  The bus was ontime and as it pulled up, the largest lump came up in my throat.  It stopped and he TOOK off running.  Riley was so happy and ready to ride this bus.  He was not nervous or shy or apprehensive.  I could not have felt more opposite.  Casey and I watched him get on the bus and he sat in the very first seat like a champ.  I have not been more proud and scared at the same time.  I am so proud of who he is and how awesome he handles situations, but I am so scared of what this world can introduce to him.  Needless to say, I cried my eyes out. 

I am now sitting here typing waiting on the bus to get home so I can hear all of the wonderful things he said about this new journey we are on.  I love you Riley and cannot wait to see your face this afternoon!!!!

Waiting for the bus

Excited about new backpack and lunch kit


Bentley was meeting the teacher today at CCP

Sibling love

Riley and Daddy

Waiting for the bus


Running to the bus

Bye Bye Bubba

1 comment:

  1. I can't even imagine how hard this is! Next year for me!

    ReplyDelete