7.01.2011

Foot Update

Well, I had a cruddy, yet eventful day yesterday. I have been having continued pain that just keeps getting worse in my foot.  I called Dr. Rubin and she felt like the tumor may have grown back.  I had an MRI last Thursday and Monday evening, the nurse called with my results. She said the MRI showed a collection of fluid and not to worry, but to call and schedule an appointment to review the MRI. Casey and I were both relieved and praising God for answered prayers because the tumor had not come back. I went to my appoinment yesterday with the expectation that she would possibly drain the fluid and send me on my way.  I figured I would have a small bobo of some sort, but that it would all be downhill from here.  Well, it didn't unfold like that and that fact alone was very frustrating to me. I have been battling foot pain, all kinds of shot therapy, surgery, wraps, orthodics, etc for over 18 months now and I have pretty much had it. She explained that the fluid is 2 mm which is a very small amount of fluid and it would not have my foot in the shape that it is in. She asked me if we had biopsied the tissue we had removed before (over past appointments, she would shave my callus down) and I said no. She told me then she was going to bioposy the hard "lesion" as she calls it to see what we are dealing with. After a painful biopsy, she said that I would have my results in a week. She wants to rule cancer out and then we will go from there. Whatever this extremely hard, thick lesion is, it is attached to/or pressing against my nerve which is why this is so painful. I went to my mom's after the appointment until Casey came home and then I took some pain meds and went to bed.
I am to stay off my feet for a couple of days (yeah right) and rest up. Please continue to pray for me. For the obvious, that this is not cancer, and that it can be resolved. But also for my attitude and my faith. I am very upset and frustrated and I just really want closure. I am trying to understand that this is part of a plan and rest assured everything will work out as God has intended. It is just hard at times. Thanks for all of your prayers and support.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry you are going through all this. I know it is hard with two little ones. Praying for complete healing for you. Beatty

    ReplyDelete