7.18.2011

Give me a Shot

I saw Dr. Rubin last Tuesday.  She explained that the tissue in my foot is scar tissue.  Apparently, scar tissue usually lays in flat plains that flow in one direction (kinda like the grain in wood), but mine does not.  It is all jumbled up and flowing in more than one direction, which is what makes it painful.  The scar tissue I have is thick, dense and deep.  She said that it would not make sense to surgically remove it because I would just develop more.  She suggested that we use steroid therapy to help reduce the scar tissue.  We had tried that before, but after 2 injections, we checked to see if the problem was bigger or different than what we thought.  With that said, she injected me with cortizone and anesthesia and told me to come back in two weeks.  We will continue this every 2 weeks until it is better along with shaving the area down.  So far, it has helped but it is not gone.  I believe and have faith that this will work.  I will have my foot back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment