2.16.2011

New Looks

We went to the opthamologist on Monday to see about Riley's vision.  He had a screening at the pedi office and he failed it.  After having him examined again, it has been determined that he needs glasses.  He has a stigmatism (has to do with the curvature of the eye) and he is also farsighted.  So off to the glasses store we went.  Riley knew what he liked and didn't like.  He chose some blue wire rimmed glasses.  I know nothing about glasses, so I talked to the optomostrist and she was telling me about our insurance and 20% off for the dr referring us to her, etc and I was doing the calculation based on the sticker attached to the glasses that Riley was trying on.  WOW, boy was I off....you actually pay for the lenses separately.  After the grand total was given to me, I must admit I almost wet my pants.  But, small price to pay for seeing good.  He should have them tomorrow or Friday, so as soon as I have them, I will post pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment