6.17.2011

New Car

I got a new car last week!!!!  I love love love it!  I have driven an SUV for 16 years and lately, I have just had the itch to get a new car for multiple reasons.  First, I HATE the gas mileage my Yukon was getting.  I averaged around 13.8 miles per gallon.  Secondly, although the Yukon looks big, it really has little cargo space.  If you have the 3rd row in, you get little space in the back.  I began looking at what my trade would be and I got some good numbers, so I kept looking.  There were some smaller SUV's that I liked but they were either really expensive and/or they didn't get much better gas mileage.   I decided to broaden my horizons and open my mind to a sedan.  The only sedan I really really liked was the VW CC.  I thought they were too expensive but when I started looking, they weren't.  And they also got great gas mileage.  So me and mom went to the dealership to see what they would give me for my trade.  After talking with them and looking at the new car and putting numbers together, the deal they were giving me looked great.  Casey talked with his cousin and confirmed that the deal was good.  Casey, however, did not really like the size of the car.  He felt like I was going from huge to tiny and that I would not like it.  He also felt like we were cramped in the car.  I, on the other hand, looked at the situation differently.  I wanted to drive something smaller with better gas mileage while I can.  We are out of the stroller, pack n' play, phase but we are not quite in the phase where I haul all kinds of kids around to football practice and to the movies and the mall.  I want to take advantage of that while I can.  I know that one day I will get another SUV, but I am enjoying scooting around in this little ride while I can :)

Isn't she pretty?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment