5.02.2011

Ballet and T-Ball

Bentley has been wanting to do/take ballet for as long as I can remember.  Most places you have to be 3 years old and most offer summer classes.  Since she will be 3 by the time summer classes roll around, I figured I would try some places out to see what we both liked.  I want her to have a very strong background in ballet, as it is the basis for all other dance.  We went to the Ballet Center of Houston and tried a free class this past week and she loved it.  I was worried it would be a disaster since she decided not to nap that day, but it wasn't.  I had to warm up with her (I wasn't really prepared for that), but after warm up, I scooted to side and eased out of the door. The teacher and I talked afterwards and she thought she did very well especially for her age and said we would be ready for summer class. Here is the future lead in Swan Lake:


Riley has also been very excited about playing t-ball.  He has had 2 practices and was really starting to wonder if they would even have games on Saturdays.  I tried to explain to him that it was Easter weekend, so we didn't play and he was somewhat satisfied with that answer.  He and Casey went to Academy last week and got him all geared up for the game.  His first game was Saturday and I must say, I was impressed with everyone overall.  T-ball is much better to watch than soccer for this age in my opinion.  Riley did GREAT.  He played first base (pics below) and then he played short stop/third base.  He batted twice and scored 2 runs.  He can really hit the ball.  Now, his outfield skills need some work, but for his first time, I thought he did good.  Here is your next Lance Berkman:



Playing first

RT and his teammate Bruno

Swing batta, batta swing!


No comments:

Post a Comment