6.26.2009

Happy Birthday Angel

Today is Bentley Addison's first birthday. She came into this world a year ago today at 35 weeks gestation weighing 5 lbs 14 oz and was 18 inches long. She was beautiful and perfect. She and I share such a special bond for more than one reason. First, she was prayed in by many folks. Mom and Dad (and the Bryants) wanted me to have a baby girl since I had already had a son. I can remember the day of the ultrasound, I called mom to tell her it was a girl and when I got home, she and Riley had already bought 3 "pink" outfits. I fondly remember calling my parents house while carrying Bentley and after talking with my dad, he told me to take care of my baby girl. So sweet.
Secondly, I lost my Dad while carrying her and she kept me strong. There were SO many days that I didn't think I had the strength to carry on, but I knew I had this little person inside me who was 100% dependent on me and I had no choice but to keep my head up and keep living. She gave me more strength to push on (and so did Riley) than they will ever know. I wish every single day that she could have known her PawPaw. Riley was in awe of him and I know she would have been too.
Thirdly, I started having some diabetic related complications toward the end of my pregnancy. In a nutshell, my placenta was starting to fail which was Bentley's support system. That is why she arrived a little earlier than planned. Casey and I were told that because she was early, she would have to spend some time in the NICU and we might have to leave her in the hospital for a few days. Well, the power of prayer proved that wrong. Bentley graced this world on June 26th at 12:46 pm and only spent about 4 hours in the NICU (routine time) and came home after 2 days (pays to know your gyno really well). She was perfect. Dr. Rockman had sent my placenta off to the lab for further examination and at my 6 week check up told me that Bentley would not have made it through the weekend (she was born on a Thursday). So she truly is an angel and she means the world to me.
Today she is 22 lbs 3 oz and 30 inches long and healthy as a horse. She is getting closer and closer to walking. She says Momma (all the time), Dada and buba, and has her own lingo that she understands. She is such a blessing to our lives. We love you baby girl!!! Happy First Birthday my beautiful Angel!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. she's a year old??? happy birthday bentley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful story Carrie! And what a treasure for her to read when she gets older. She and Riley are lucky to have such a wonderful mommy!

    ReplyDelete