6.02.2009

Funnies

The past few days, I have had several funny things that I just have to share. First, last Saturday night, Casey was putting Riley to bed and he always says his prayers before bed. Casey usually prays and Riley helps, but Casey does give him the option of Riley praying himself or Casey praying. Riley opted to say the prayer that night. Here is how it went down:

Casey: Ok Riley, say your night night prayer.

Riley: Dear God. Amen. (giggles)

Casey: Riley, when you pray, you need to be serious.

Riley: Ok....Dear God. I am serious. Amen.

It was hysterical!!!

On Sunday, we went to eat lunch after church. I took Riley to the restroom with me for a potty break. He went first and then I went. As he was going, he said, "Momma, since I go teetee, I can get a sucker?" (he is still into the reward thing) and I said sure. So when I went, I told Riley, "Riley, go ask Daddy since mommy went potty, can she have a pedicure." I was obviously trying to snake a pedi out of this Sunday afternoon for myself....well, Riley decides he wants a pedicure. So he goes back to the table and announces that since I went potty, he gets a pedicure. Memaw asked him where you get those and he said Walgreens. So now he wants to go to Walgreens for a pedicure ;)

Finally, on Monday, we took a little shopping trip with Aunt Tricia and Riley's 3 cousins. We went to the Children's Place and I am sure they were ready for us to leave. Four little boys ages 5 and under running around playing hide and seek at the store isn't very relaxing, so Tricia and I hurry to make our final decisions on our purchases. When alas, Pierce feels the need to crap in his pants and take his diaper off. Lucky for mom (and the staff), Pierce's poop was just a little ball that rolled on the floor. Tricia and I quickly picked up the mess, got Pierce dressed, paid for our stuff and high tailed it out of there. We then proceed to McDonald's. We get our food and head to the play area. All of the boys are playing and Tricia, Bentley and myself are eating. All of a sudden, there is a big ruckus among the kiddos in the play area. Little Pierce had once again blessed us all with some more balls to play with. This time there was about 10! All of the kids are screaming poopoo and parents are staring at us. Pierce is naked as a jaybird. We got him and the playground cleaned up. Poor Tricia had to head to swim lessons after that and I just hope Pierce kept his pants on!!!

1 comment: