5.28.2009

No More Accidents!

I am so proud of Riley, he has finally caught on to the whole potty thing. It has been a rough couple of weeks, but now I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. He did really good for the first couple of days and then, we encountered constipation. This was not fun for Riley or mom. Last week he kept dancing around and grabbing his bum. When he would sit on the potty, he would immediately leap up. So after a while, I figured it out, he was constipated. Me being the nurse that I am, got him a glycerin suppository. As you can only imagine, he did NOT like this at all. It was me versus a 40 pound toddler to get it inserted. He kept SCREAMING "take it out momma, take it out." I truly traumatized him. We went back outside to continue to blow his pool up and after a few minutes, his little knees started to tremble and he passed a rather large ball of hard dung. After this was all said and done, he told me "thank you momma, I feel better." But it scarred him for a while and he wanted nothing to do with going #2. After a few days and a lot of coaching and love and support (and going in the grass at his Aunt Shawnda's house), he realized that going in the potty is not so bad. He has had 2 accident free days and I am SOOOOOO proud of him.

Some pics of Riley rocking out and a video of BB dancing

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, is this what we're about to get ourselves into? :) Sounds like you did the right thing, hopefully he won't hold it in anymore!

    ReplyDelete