3.03.2011

Allergies, Flu and Fun in a Box

I went to the allergist on Monday for round 2 of testing....after 34 needles pokes under my skin, I am allergic to humidity!  Ha!  Really I am really allergic to dust, dust mites, and mold.  I am also allergic to weeds, grass and cedar, so I will be starting allergy shots.  They will be for once a week, then once every other week and so on until I build up to once a month.  I will be on this therapy for a few years, but the goal is to eventually not need any medicine.  I am really pumped about not having the same allergy troubles that result in many, many sinus infections. :)

Riley just suddenly started running a high fever and coughing and his fever just kept climbing on Wednesday.  I took him to the dr on Wed afternoon and she diagnosed him with the flu.  It has been a rough 24 hours....vomitting, reaction to tamiflu, and no sleep.  This is the sickest he has been.  He has been running between 102 and 103 and has just been lifeless.  Needless to say, I hope and pray this ends really soon.

Bentley has had a hard time entertaining herself as I have been really wrapped up with Riley.  I got some new patio furniture (YAY!) and I assembled it this morning.  She took one of my boxes and went and got her pillow pet and her blanket and her owl and her baby (yes, we sleep with all of that!) and made her a little "bed."  Every time I looked at her in that thing, I just kept thinking she was a pet in a pet bed.  She watched both Snow White and Alice in Wonderland in that box today.  It clearly is the little things in life!!!



2 comments:

  1. Seriously, those pictures of B are just great! She is precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bentley is Hysterical! Cole has been the same way without Anna. She literally slept for two days straight so he has been going nuts.

    ReplyDelete