11.24.2010

Hello Mind, Where Have You Gone??

I really believe that I am losing my mind and yesterday just confirms it!  Yesterday, the kids and I were out and about and I noticed my drivers liscense was not in my wallet.  I remembered that on Sunday, the cashier at Kohl's had me take it out and apparently, she forgot to return it.  I was frustrated because it is such a pain to load and unload the kids with my foot in the shape that it is and I really did not feel like going back to Kohl's.  After naptime, I loaded the kids up and we headed to Kohl's.  We go to Customer Service and I ask the woman to check for my ID.  Meanwhile, the kids are playing in the water fountains like they were the fountains in Kemah - Riley was soaking wet.  Upon searching one drawer, the woman says that she cannot find my ID and so I ask to see the manager.  He comes out and takes a gander around (in 2 drawers this time) and says he is sorry, but it is not here.  I VERY RARELY am "bitchy," but I was so irritated.  I start to tell him (in a not nice way) that I recently waited over 4 hours for that ID and that his associate had me take it out of my wallet and she failed to return it, so what was he going to do for me!  He could tell he had a live one on his hands so he offers to go look in all of the drawers at the registers.   While we are going from register to register, Riley is playing football with the stuffed Grinches at the register and Bentley is going through the breakable candles.  As we get to the last register and I am getting ready to tell him what I really think, I look down and guess what is in my purse.  Yep, my ID!  I tell him in a tad nicer tone that I will have to go online and replace it and I gather all of the grinches off the ground and we leave. I was so embarrassed that I never even checked the other side of my wallet and then the one time I am bitchy, I am wrong!!  Not sure if God was telling me not to act that way or what, but it was a fun 30 minute exercise for me and the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment