6.16.2010

Horseshoe Bay

We have really had a crappy time trying to plan a vacation this year.  At the beginning of the year, we said we were going to skip a vacation altogether this year to try and save some money and also, it is kinda hard with Riley and Bentley being so young (taking naps and going to bed early, etc).  Then my good friend Casey Canizaro talks us into going to Florida and sharing a condo with them.  I knew Riley would have a blast with her boys, so we agreed to go.  Well, with the mess in the Gulf, it was just best that the Canizaro's not go, so that plan was nipped in the bud about 3 weeks before we were set to leave.  We were already in vaction mode (especially Riley), so we decided to make other plans.  I researched Orange Beach Alabama and booked us a condo there.  The oil was not there yet and I bumped up the date to the beginning of June hoping we could beat the oil.   Well, the Saturday before we left, the oil beat us there, so we cancelled that trip.  We were all really bummed, so Casey came up with the idea of Horseshoe Bay in Marble Falls.  We checked it out and booked our trip on Sunday and left the next day.  We were there from Monday through Friday.  It was a really nice resort and we all had a good time.  Casey said that is the nicest golf courses that he has ever played.  Me and the kiddos spent some time at the pool while he played.  The weather was overcast all week, but we still managed to get some sun.
Being the Griswalds that we are, we ran into a couple of small issues.  First, as me and the kiddos are coming in from the pool, I noticed Bentley was lagging behind. Since I had 2 screaming kiddos and a bag full of pool toys and such, I didn't see why she was lagging behind and was politely yelling at her to come on.  I then notice that her hand is lodged in the doorway and she cannot get it loose.....sorry B.  Then, I get the same darn sinus infection that constantly haunts me and didn't feel good for the last 3 days.  Riley almost gave me a heart attack and got into the pool without his floaties on.  Casey started hollering at me from across the pool and I had to jump in and save him.  When I looked up, he was bobbing up and down, but by the time I got in the pool, he was starting to sink.  It took him a few seconds of not breathing and then he started to cough and breathe.  It was horrible and I never want to go through that again.  Finally, at 3:00 am, the fire alarm starts to sound and the hotel starts to evacuate.  Casey reached the front desk and they said to disregard the alarm, but it still kept going off for a few minutes.  Amazingly, the kiddos never woke up!!! 
All in all, it was a nice getaway and the kiddos loved swimming.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh. Well hopefully you still had some relaxing time through all the craziness!

    ReplyDelete