2.04.2010

Adios Muf Mah

It has come time to take the muf mah away.....what is that you ask, that is Bentley's addiction - her pacifier. I cut it down to nap time and bed time in December, but when we went to Fredericksburg with the family, she cried the entire time and was stuck to my hip, so she regained her love again so we didn't drive the other family members absolutely crazy. The past 3 weeks, she has been really fussy and is cutting 4 teeth again at once and I blinked and realized that she had muf mah ALL the time again. Then we left for Vegas and Mom said that she requested it the whole time as well. So we were right back where we started. I decided to get tough (IT IS SOOOOO HARD) and nip it in the bud. Muf mah now lives in the crib and the only time she can have it is to go to sleep. So she just goes and stares at her bed and screams - fun times, let me tell you. After a bit of time passes, I believe I am just going to cut the nipple and have a broken muf mah. I got this video footage today and really, it is much worse than the video portrays. She quit fussing for a bit on camera. Riley was so different than her and had no problem letting go of the paci....wish me luck and pray for me.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Carrie... I feel for you. It's embarassing but Tyson still sleeps with his paci and he's 3.... for the same reason. We keep making excuses why we haven't nipped it in the bud yet. It's hard to do! Hopefully it won't take long!

    ReplyDelete